Picture wire should work too, maybe twist the two ends together so it doesn’t get loose.Thanks so much for posting your tip. Using a pair of pliers, I folded the tip of the wire hook , about 3/4 of an inch away from the tip. There’s about a 4mm slot between the bracket and the hardboard with no scope for adjustment at all. Your frame will also be supplied with four small screws, a length of picture-wire and two wire-clips. I checked the back as well and it’s fine, I was afraid it could bend being pulled towards the wall but it’s still perfectly flat.

They were easy to open and I had my newspapers framed in no time. Your support helps wikiHow to create more in-depth illustrated articles and videos and to share our trusted brand of instructional content with millions of people all over the world. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Based on a quick internet search, it seems that older IKEA Ribba frames came with a wire on the back that could be pulled close to the wall. Thank you! With such an overhang, the torque on the screw would have been quite strong and I was afraid the drywall anchors would fail.To use a regular framing hook, I decided to simply extend the tab on the back of frame using a solid wire.I started by cutting a 5 inch long piece of wire. Due to their unusual depth and DIY wire mounting hardware, however, hanging them can be a bit of a chore, especially if you’re planning on displaying multiple pictures side-by-side. Instead of the hinged sawtooth hanger (as your photos show), the frame now has a fixed sawtooth bracket.
One quick question – why do you say to use solid wire, and not stranded? You can contact the company via email using the help form on their website, or get in touch by phone by dialing 1-888-888-4532.Ribba frames also feature built-in backing stands, which means you have the option of displaying your picture on a desk or bookshelf as well as on the wall.All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published
Thanks for a great idea!You dear person are my hero of the day! I might try your wire fix or a very long screw but, more likely, I’ll return the Ribbas and get some frames that are easier to hang. I notice one problem though. There is a hanging “tab” on the back of the frame but the frames are thick and the tab is buried all the way inside, far away from the wall. I then folded the wire in 2 with a loop wide enough to fit on the hook nailed to the wall. As long as the sawtooth hardware stays attached to the back the wire should be fine:Great minds think alike! wikiHow's IKEA’s sleek, recessed Ribba frames are great for showing off your family photos or prized pieces of artwork. It would be greatly appreciated and maybe one day it’ll cover the cost of web hosting.This is really helpful, thanks! There should also be a set of assembly instructions. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please We use cookies to make wikiHow great. I have 9 of these frames and they’re all good.Brilliant fix but IKEA now seem to have changed the spec of the Ribba again and made the problem even worse! Ive spent quite a bit on some new frames and didn’t notice until I’d taken them out of their packaging that the hanging method had changed.Exactly the solution I was looking for. IKEA should have just stuck with the wire/clips; that always worked!I have the poster frame with the “new” (flatter) style hanger. Luckily, there’s a couple simple tricks you can use to get the perfect placement and spacing every time.

Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. – would that work?I only tried with a solid wire, just to be sure it would stay in place and not slip off the hook.

It’s almost impossible to hang multiple frames side by side on the same level, for the lengths of the loops will be different from one another. In addition to the frame itself, you’ll find a small plastic bag containing the mounting hardware you'll use to hang the frame once you’ve put a picture inside. Unbox your frame and study the included components.

Anyway, I made a loop from a wire and hook that to the picture hanger on the wall. I got the new fixed sawtooth, worse than the foldable one. Newer models don’t seem to have this convenient feature.I initially thought I could use a drywall anchor with a long screw. wikiHow's Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 24,740 times.wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. I then ran into a strange issue, these frames are not easy to hang on regular framing hooks.The problem is that the tab on the back of the frame is not long enough to reach most framing hooks. I bought “picture wire”, which is a bunch of small wires twisted together (I assume that’s what you mean by ‘stranded’?) The Ribba is a good looking frame with simple, clean lines and is a good price but its set up for hanging is not practical.I’ve just noticed the same thing — my ‘bending tab’ snapped off, so bought new frame to use its saw-tooth tab — but the saw-tooth is in a different spot, and now it doesn’t align with my other frames! There is a hanging “tab” on the back of the frame but the frames are thick and the tab is buried all the way inside, far away from the wall. Unpack your Ribba frame. Newer models don’t seem to have this convenient feature.