Register. This bike does not fail to deliver on all fronts, ive had it 4 days now and put over 500miles on it, ive not even scratched the surface on what it can do, but whilst im learning its abilities and mine the smile in my helmet goes from ear to ear. Every time you ride it, it puts a smile on your face: the handling, braking, steering, the barking mad engine just make a great ride. ... but I fancy a change. The great thing about this bike, which makes it stand out from most other roadbikes is how well you can use and manage all the available power and torques. Trouble is my biking circle has expanded and a few are on sport/naked bikes, and my poor Roadking was being "thrashed" to keep pace. I've riden and owned everything from a KR-1 to a ZZR1100 and ZXR750RR, with NC30s Yamaha TRX 850s thrown in, but this has to be one of the most fun bikes I've ridden in 30 years of riding. "Sports bike performance in a naked, stinking brakes, excellent handling and an absolute v twin beast. Throaty roar and comfortable for touring though 200km will drain the tank. On the upside the Aprilia Tuono 1000 comes with motorcycle crash bungs factory fitted.2003: Aprilia Tuono 1000 Fighter and Aprilia Tuono Racing launched.2003 Aprilia Tuono 1000 Racing: An uprated version of the standard Aprilia Tuono 1000, featuring Ohlins suspension and steering damper, OZ wheels and carbon fibre body panels.Stop giggling at the back – despite the ridiculously rude name EZ Tuning’s Based on a 2003 model Aprilia Tuono 1000, the awkwardly-styled standard machine was stripped bare and rebuilt using sexier parts and a more individual look.The Aprilia’s chassis is pretty good anyway, but the F**ktory’s handling is improved further by fitting the Ohlins front and rear suspension from a later model RSV-R Factory, complete with radial Brembo brakes and the forged aluminium OZ Racing rims.The standard Aprilia calipers are boosted further with race-spec radial-pump Brembo master cylinders, and Braking Wave discs offer a performance advantage as well as looking more special.The F**ktory’s spec list or appearance doesn’t explain the potty-mouthed pun on Aprilia’s own high-spec Tuono Factory, but an EZ Tuning spokesperson shed some light: "We named it F**ktory just to see how many Italian people knew the meaning in English! In Australia, Aprilia dealers are rare/non existent if you live in the country areaDash got all the info you need and the instruments are easy to read. Strengths: Stability, build quality, value for money, grin factor, reliability AND glorious red Italian exotica. Absolutely no disappointment with power though, it really does feel like it's ripping your arms off in the higher rev range.Major service was £600 so comparable to Triumph etc. Weaknesses: My friend has the 2006 Tuono and it eats tyres so I'm expecting mine to do the same. Needs different sprocket fitting to really smooth out low speed riding while still giving great acceleration. Also the quality of the bike seems as good as Hondas. MCN call it a mad bike to ride but only if you want it to be, it can also commute and tour really well. Handles well and excellent brakes (needs rear brake master cylinder and reservoir moving or else no rear brake)Strong, free revving. Use after market cans and it'll pop even more. Comes with all the bits and is more of a bike than I'll ever need. get a quote on a new 2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R use our Fuelling a little unsure at city speeds. I thought it was rock hard at first but it has a magical way of smoothing out bumps as if they weren't there that my previous jap bikes haven't done. Suspension is fully adjustable front and back which means everybody should get the perfect ride.Great torque and high and power, engine does not stop accelerating throughout the RPM's. I replaced the sprag clutch at the first sign of trouble after 65000 km. The Tuono has never missed a beat.Servicing is no more than any other bike, much cheaper and convenient than other Italian exotica such as Ducati - where there is the annual faff of changing cam belts on Monsters and others ( I have owned 3 Monsters).Equipment on the Tuono seems perfect, the soundtrack is perfect and the bike pops on the over-run, even with standard cans on.