When I change down using the QS, it feels like a small clunk to change to a lower gear. downshifts are smooth, clearly and obviously much smoother than with downshift disabled and doing clutchless downshifts, and the rev's increase slightly as you would expect. But, I do have the feeling they are idiots, to put it mildly. Honda Motorcycles. After some discussion with 2k17Fireblade there seems to be a difference between the wire colors on his bike vice mine.

They ordered a new QS, and will know today. i just can't seem to make friends with it so far, and i know its not me as my racer mate was there and took it out for a session and did 2 laps and bought it in saying it was dangerous to ride at his pace as when braking after shutting the throttle it would surge forwards like getting a handful of gas and it was doing it totally randomly.A forum community dedicated to Honda CBR 1000RR motorcycle owners and enthusiasts.

JavaScript is disabled.

The dealership has got it at the moment, so i should hear from them tomorrow.There is some play as you described when in Neutral, but I didn't notice any real play in other gears.Well i did the first trackway last weekend on the bike, and left after half the day as the quickshifter was giving numerous false neutrals and 4 times i had to pull off the track to get it back into gear, shifting up through the gear was very erratic, sometimes shifting smooth as silk and other times very abrupt. The OEM quickshifter is an option on the Base and ABS models. Upshifting is fine and feels smooth but I find the downshift feels clunky - rpms are over the minimum requirement. Are you cancelling the order on your SP2?

honda cbr1000rr service manual free download. I've tried speaker wire and paper clips. The bike shifts like a hot knife through butter! Come join the discussion about troubleshooting, performance, modifications, classifieds, maintenance, and more! JavaScript is disabled. CBR1000RR 06-07 Translogic Quick shifter 2 ... *If you have not installed smog block off plates now is a good time. • After installing the quick shifter, perform the initialization. I think my early issues were more operator - as I was used to the lever feel on my 2006 GSX-R1000 track bike. am satisfied with it (so far). They told me the same thing, when I brought the bike in to install it. So, even with the switch in electronics from the FIM permitted HRC kit controller loom to the Motec FIM approved unit the transmission still baulked. They told me the same thing, when I brought the bike in to install it. Speaks to some issue with the homologated bits rather than the changeable pieces.

Glad you sorted this out in the end. I don’t think I’d be able to ride another bike without a quick shifter again. Glad you sorted this out in the end. Senior Member . One thing i did notice when i was having a look at things this morning is there is a noticeable amount of play on the spindle shaft itself where it goes into the gearbox itself, so when i was holding the foot lever itself it takes almost an inch of travel until it gets enough pressure on the shaft itself to change into the next gear, same thing when changing down. When are you generally trying to downshift (RPM range)? Sounds like my experience is the same. Read and laugh, or weep, or marvel at the idiocy.... i have tried all sensitivity levels in the settings and have tried it throughout the rev range. Installed the OEM Quick Shifter (QS) on my base 17. On 6 May 2017 I purchased a 2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS and ordered the Honda quickshifter. I think my early issues were more operator - as I was used to the lever feel on my 2006 GSX-R1000 track bike. The standard setting I got from the setup wizard were more than excellent. i have tried all sensitivity levels in the settings and have tried it throughout the rev range. motorcycle and operating instructions.

During this time, the Japanese economy was recovering from World War II. I got it.

shipping: ... these are the most reliable sensors you can install to your motorcycle when it comes to the harsh environments Quickshifter sensors need to operate in. Sorry to dig up an old thread,i have just got a second hand ebay bargain and i am now awaiting delivery,quick question,the instructions say to remove the evap cover,now SSB your bike has one of these covers my victory red doesnt?no idea why,but is there any need to remove bellypan or can i just instal this as it is with no hassles I have it set up for upshifting and downshifting. Thanks for qs guide ! Jump to Latest Follow ... 2007 CBR 1000RR Repsol Edition 2017 CBR 1000RR SP #093. am satisfied with it (so far). Thanks for the write up, I'm sure this will come very useful for future cbr owners The Up level set at 1 and Down level set at 1. When I change down using the QS, it feels like a small clunk to change to a lower gear. Save Share. 6. The Up level set at 1 and Down level set at 1.

I had to recalibrate my brain a bit to difference in feel, pressure required, etc. It makes me think if the QS is 'supposed' to auto blip when downshifting on a base 2017+ CBR1000RR.Thanks for the replies above. One thing I did do and is probably unrelated - I changed over to synthetic oil (Maxima Pro-Plus 10W30). Nice ssb... congrats on the purchase They obviously did not follow the instructions to the letter. When I change down using the QS, it feels like a small clunk to change to a lower gear. Turn the quickshifter off and see how the bike does with standard clutchless upshifts from 3rd > 6th. It works by cutting the ignition for a millisecond at a time allowing for quick and seamless shifting under full throttle or partial throttle.