the byzantium start on VH is next to impossible without safescummingI'm having trouble getting Albania to meet me in Macedonia even when I set the objective.

All rights reserved.

Ally Poland or Muscovy if possible. In one of my test runs I fucked up and took everything, only to be killed by massive Islamic coalition (Mamluks, Candar, Karaman, Dulkadir, Ramazan and AQ), because you will get around 120 AE.Don't raise autonomy in conquered provinces, core everything (you can also release one Sunni vassal and give him the land if you don't want to bother with coring) and lower autonomy.

War is also declared a couple months later, since you aren't big enough to ally albania in order to declare on the first of june. This is also the month where you will be declaring the war. Why is this important?

It's also alot more agressive then budgetmonk's. Peace offer should include all provinces required to complete the mission (Asia Minor coast) IF you are defender in the war, because you get 1% AE discount PER development, so you'll have AE around 15-20.If you are attacker in the war - take 3 provinces around Strait of Bosphorus and return all cores you can - to Candar, Karaman, Knights and release any nation you can. But, if you release vassals, you keep your FL and your estates loyalty remains 40%, even though you got 300 power points, money and a general and an admiral!Couple of patches ago, rivalries got reworked so now you can't rival the Ottomans as Byzantium anymore. EU4 patch 1.18 HAIDA North American natives WC on very hard mode AAR: Visit the American natives! é voila, now you have more territory, and most important, the kosovo goldmine.- Make sure to ally 2 great powers as soon as possible. The country: is not a subject nation other than a tributary state. Hungary is helpful because the Turks will tend to split their stacks, sending one at Albania and the other at Hungary. You don't need your vassals so it's not important that they are not loyal. I think this is worth a try, but if you really need to try allying Hungary or Poland, and Wallachia too, and just winning the land war.That's really interesting, I have never been able to survive the first war against the Ottoman since that strait blockade nerf a long time ago.I found the stratagy below helped me achieve my first byzantium breakout.Basically you ally with lots of the smaller nations you also go over your limit and accept the penalty. Set Athen's war behaviour to Supportive via the Subject interaction menub. Allying castille is possible if you also rival aragon & scorn insult them.

Also, take a general and 150 mil points from Nobility. This will require some safescumming/restarts, if you want the optimal start. Push Nobilty, get a good general, attack Karaman without CB, make Eretna your vasssal, attack Bosnia without CB (and the allied Serbia), make Montenegro your Vassal. Use the remaining fleet to ferry the troops in Constantinopel to Achaeab. < > Showing 1-7 of 7 comments .

If you got into Genovese trade league, you can boost your diplo relations with them and move your troops to Chios, which is even better solution, because you can go over FL and lower maintenance so you don't lose money.When Otto DoWs, it will move all its troops to European side and start sieging Constantinople. If anyone has a working strategy, please let me know.

but if a pleb like me can do it, you definitely can.Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. However, increase in available troops when you release vassals, will make the Ottomans a valid rival, so you can rival them.Another huge benefit is that now you are an OPM which means you can join trade leagues. A place to share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Europa … There's actually a fool proof guide on a zero RNG Byzantium strategy that just went up on the EU4 subreddit today that takes advantage of the new sailor changes. They will go after the Mamluks usually during your truce. Make sure to up autonomy, and normally you shouldn't have any rebel issues. CarL.