GM's 3800 engine was used in several of their makes and models, including the sporty family Grand Prix sedan. The firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2.

depends, there is a 3800, and a 3800 series 2 and a series 3 as well, the series 1 was a good motor,, the series 2 has , or can have problems with the Plastic intake melting from the EGR tube into the coolent passages near the throttle, and flooding the engine without warning full of engine coolent,, the series 3 when to a cast alum intake again,,
In 1966-1967, the 1-barrel was replaced with a 2-barrel Rochester 2GV, giving the engine a 5-horsepower boost to 160 hp (119 kW).

They were identified in two phases. It would be a mistake to drop the 3800 III . The motor itself is pretty bullet proof though. This motor has the even fire crank. 3800 Series 1, Series 2 & Series 3 - Changes & Diff - posted in Drivetrain: Series IL27 Naturally Aspirated A 3800 Series I L27 Naturally Aspirated engine installed in a 1995 Buick Regal.The LN3 was replaced by the L27 in 1991-1992 and produced 170 hp (127 kW) from 1992 onward, this engine was referred to as the Series I 3800. However, AMC's cost per unit was deemed as too high. /r/Silverado It was very quick, and very strong on the highway, while providing excellent gas mileage.So what is the difference between the 3.8 in 86 and the 3800 in 88?not sure of the yearly nuances over 2 years but I would GUESS they are nearly identicalI'm pretty sure the biggest difference is that the 3800 added power and the balance shaft which eliminated the lumpiness at idle that is characteristic of 90 degree V6's.-------------------------------------------------------------------------- No, they offset ground the crank to smooth it out. /r/Cadillac The V6 was dropped after the 1967 model year in favor of a conventional 250 cu in (4.1 L) One quick idea was tried by Buick engineers — taking an old Fireball V6 picked up at a junkyard and installing it into a 1974 Buick Apollo. If it failed the valves would contact the pistons.
No more blower. The 3100 and 3400 have intake manifold gasket issues, usually around 80,000 to 120,000 miles.

Thread author Jadams6340; Start date May 26, 2018; May 26, 2018. The earlier 3.8 engine fared equally as well, IMHO. This engine has the cylinders numbered 1-3-5 on the left-hand bank (front bank for FWD applications) and 2-4-6 on the right-hand bank, the number 1 cylinder being the furthest from the flywheel end. There is no provision for a distributor. The biggest problem on that car was the alternator, had to replace it about every 30,000 miles. The GM 3800, 3.8-liter V-6 came in the Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Malibu, El Camino, Impala, Monza, Caprice, Camaro and Lumina.

80% Upvoted. I did have to replace the cam sensor which was fairly expensive.

-No ads / dealers.Press J to jump to the feed. GM fitted the affected vehicles with redesigned spark plug wire retainers.Also note that Series III engines are the base for any 3800 produced for the 2004 year and up.

Thread Tools. Turned out that its design was faulty and did not allow proper cooling so it burned up, this was so common on the 80s GM cars that the auto parts stores would not offer their lifetime warranty on those alternators.My grandparents had an '88 Olds 98 with the 3.8 or 3800 engine in it. The CX & CXL have the 3800 Series III but the CXS has the new 3.6L VVT DOHC V6. Specifications and which trims received the standard or supercharged 3800 varied depending on model year.The 3800 Series III engine, found in the Grand Prix, offered 200 horsepower for the sporty sedan base model. They all have issues with ignition control modules and coil packs. increasing the reliability of your customers’ Wi-Fi use.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts 5 comments. But the Buick V-6 returned to power post-1985 Chevys as the GM 3800. /r/SquareBodies

We are also wondering how many more miles it has left in it? Fuel. The 3800 Series also dynamically changes the radio settings based on the wireless environment. I have read reviews with some people saying that theirs has 500 k miles.-------------------------------------------------------------------------Wes, they last a very long time. Other than that its been troublefree.Wow thats great!