It is a basic stat course for scientists and engineers. Acting as the course web-master for Introduction to Statistics class (STAT 350).

2017-2018 Purdue West Lafayette catalog is considered the source for academic and programmatic requirements for students entering programs during the Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018 semesters.

COVID-19 Issues: Due to the risk of COVID-19, everybody must wear a face mask in the lecture.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcutsCookies help us deliver our Services. Depends on what CoS major you're in. Course Hero is not sponsored or endorsed by any college or university.

Stat 416 or an equivalent course, plus linear algebra and calculus.

We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.

Just have to pay attention and learn how the formulas work. The first exam was pretty easy, but that entirely depends on what professor you get.For me quizzes are open book and notes, for exams you get a couple pieces of paper you can write anything on.Depends on what CoS major you're in.

If you survived Calc 1-3, this should be a walk in the park. Some of the questions require a bit of thinking, but with practice it starts to come naturally. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Course Hero, Inc.

It was pretty straight forward when I took it. Only

I took 350 and enjoyed it. From what I've been told 350 is geared more towards CS and stat majors.I took 350 and enjoyed it.

Some of the options that satisfy the requirements are STAT 350 and STAT 511.

Class was extremely straightforward and simple, got to have the choice to use R or SAS (I personally enjoyed learning and using R), and learning things like discrete probabilities much more practically made my CS182 class much easier.New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be castPress J to jump to the feed.

All homework assignments and exams will be submitted electronically.

You can ask ... MA/STAT/MGMT/ECON courses excluding Calculus I, II, III, and STAT 35000.

1 pages.

Copyright © 2020.

Can someone tell me the difference between the two classes or recommend which I should take (never had a stats class before)?I graded for STAT 511. View Homework Help - STAT417HW8 from STAT 417 at Purdue University.

Class was extremely straightforward and simple, got to have the choice to use R or SAS (I personally enjoyed learning and using R), and learning things like discrete probabilities much more practically made my CS182 class much easier.

Not bad at all.

I should add tests were open book and open notes, any book any notesCurrently taking STAT 511.