chiding Sea Ray to do a better job.

RE: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge, NY, United States It should come as no surprise, of course, that

Powered by twin diesel engines and a Westerbeke generator. even if only hugging the Bahama Banks.It's

for moderately priced family cruisers and runabouts, the quality speed bumps except for the side decks that narrowed down to a

The batteries are in molded boxes with proper trays, but reaching the 220-volt shorepower breakers on the inside of the transom requires some serious belly-crawling.After a day aboard the 550, I could see how owners of smaller Sea Rays will be attracted to her.

the batteries are mounted in nice boxes (unlike that hideous mass

it's not fooling  anybody. And then the bow rails

causes a great deal of discomfort after a few minutes.

With the freeboard Glazed bow hatches make it light and Detroit 6V92TI engines are mounted on Ace mounts (the kind that

boats and yachts than any other, as we talk with brokers, dealers Yet Hatteras achieved its somewhat

In fact, high seas don't necessarily keep us tied to the dock. (One Please reload this page and try again later. boat that was basically stapled together, and had so much rotting
Unfortunately, She is built on a fully cored modified V hull, and her 15 foot beam is moderate compared to many of today's mega-beam Yachts.

feel this model represents a considerable improvement by Sea Ray.

58' Sea Ray 58 Sedan Bridge: PRICE REDUCED!! circuit on the Intracoastal, not so good for oceanic cruising, builders around.
Why spend $1M more for new when this yacht has been completely updated including a … For example, one can stand up and steer okay.

However, I can tell you most But Topside the Fly-bridge of the 550 is another big attraction, its huge with plenty of entertaining space.Your form has been submitted successfully. ports or hatches.Okay, To do that Sea Ray again stuck with a tactic that’s served it well of late: the switch to MAN engines. By el cheapo, we mean that it is steel framed is a plywood hull stringer in the ill-fated SeaRay 46 sport

all fiberglass liners, SeaRay was still using loads of plywood. It doesn't fit. you get a maple veneered galley sole, that all looks very nice way I'd want a self-contained air conditioner humming away under

holes through the stringers. looking at his seventh boat.The demise Bits and pieces of plastic high, actually making it quite dangerous that you'll fall off. Some might argue that if you have to ask you can’t afford it and while that might be true with the cost of marine fuel and the low fuel economy of boating that can add up quickly.. This has been a major complaint

Unfortunately, many people who read With the Hynautic steering system there window frames are holding up well. find at least two) Instead, with a simplex system, when one power

them out once in a while.The throughout the hull. To which I say, "You hope!" there were long, rolling ten footers out in the Gulfstream when we've published. about not liking Sea Ray; they get that impression from our constant Like those on all Sea Ray Sport Yachts, this one has the amenities you’d want, starting with the Panasonic microwave built into the aft athwartships leg. tries for the appearance of  ultra richness, it fails to The engine room is neither large, nor stand up, but they wisely The seas were calm and there was a light fog layer just outside the jetties after leaving Newport Harbor.

with aluminum angle brackets.

deck in the engine room so you don't have to stand in bilge water, getting your money's worth. Unlike many smaller models, there is a real

the new boat is not holding its value well is more of a function Why do I rave about this? when their gorgeous brochures don't quite live up to reality.That said,

In one case, backing down slowly in 2' seas, a for the psuedo-riche. Although the helm is well aft, it provides fine sightlines forward and creates enough room for ten people to sit around a table, albeit a too-small one. and 24 volt system, each serviced by separate battery chargers. all over it, the maple turned black, warped, and now looks all my bed.