Thinking I might just fit a T56 and remote transfer caseCrum, it would be a lot cheaper to find a R452 and swap its overdrive into a R150/151 and you will have a 30% overdrive.Are the dyna gears compatible with all of the R150's?

You may have to register before you … - FirdaddyLine-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." TOYOTA V160 SUPRA TWIN TURBO 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION Yes you need to get a Surf R150/151 bellhousing as it will be a straight boltup.let us know if a 2lt-e bellhousing allows u to bolt the r150f to the 3L straight up, I may be interested in the same mod. I have my 7MGTE and R150 bolted up in the truck for mock-up using the R154 bell which bolts perfectly to the R150.

The R150 and R150F were used throughout the 1995.5 - 2004 period.what about tailshafts? Think I may have to give my m8 with a written off surf a visit cheers, mite hav to look into it to bolt behind my future 1UZ-felet us know if a 2lt-e bellhousing allows u to bolt the r150f to the 3L straight up, I may be interested in the same mod. 82 and that is about as low as you can go for basic take off purposes. An r154 would be a complete dog with a 1st ratio of 3.25 and a 5th ratio of .753....But an R150 is very close to the Getrag 1st- 3.83 2nd- 2.062 3rd- 1.436 4th- 1.0 5th- .838 So can a 2wd truck trans be fitted into a car with a bellhousing swap? R150 as an alternative to R154? hopefully you guys can set me straight.

If the input shafts could be swapped, everything would be a breeze but from what I've read on supra forums you can't because of the gear ratio differences.I imagine the counter shaft gear is different and that is not removable. So you are saying that it is confirmed that an R154 can be pulled apart and the tailhousing/output shaft from say a 5 speed from a 3VZ can be put in. So the swap from the G52 to an R150 using a 2Lt bellhousing is a worthy mod for both strength and slightly lower gearing benefits? 1-2: 2988 -- 3462. You would have to make a suitable 30mm spacer to fit a 154 onto a Surf bell and similarly have a R154 bell cut and shut 30mm etc. TOYOTA W58 VS R154 TRANSMISSION COMPARISON IN THIS VIDEO WE COMPARE THE PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS FOR THE W58 AND R154 TRANSMISSION. Standard Transmission Rebuild Kits and Parts for Toyota R150, R151.

Come join the discussion about trail reports, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fabrication, drivetrain, and more! I all the time about the ax15 input into the r150/151 trans. That being the case, What modifications would need to be done to make them interchangeable? Get the best deals for r154 transmission at eBay.com. )The R452 ratios would give you better acceleration but you have to also balance this off against distance traveled in each gear, ie peg the rpm's out in an R150 versus a R452 would mean you would not travel anywhere near the same distances etc. R150 (96-04 3.4 V6) 7 3/8” 23” -- 26 1/8”-----Truck in question - Gen1 1989 4Runner - (RN62) 22RE W56 5 speed trans The goal is to "beef" up the W56 trans by going to an R series trans It sounds like there are TWO options a) use a R151 from a turbo b) use a R150 from … Here is my issue. If you use a R150, 1st is 3.83 x 4.1's = 15.70 = perfect and the 4.1's will then further add to a good overdrive rpm drop or do the maths as 4.1's may be fine just using R150 standard OD gears.

rev drop R154 vs R150. Cobra Transmission Parts specializes in providing high quality transmission parts and kits. eg: 154 onto surf, or 150 onto other engine that came with 154 standard? the non turbos W58.

I imagine the counter shaft gear is different and that is not removable.Seems as though I read on here that the R151 will bolt up to the 7MGTE blocks and everything works? are they any different? You can swap the tailhousings to accomodate 4wd on the supra trans. It didn't matter to me with the bellhouseing because I had to use custom one anyway with 1uz. 4-5: 1853 -- 1215 since I haven't driven a car with an R154 behind a JZ, I'm not going to draw any conclusions from that, but it seems that by changing the final drive you could the ratios similar. I've been digging up everything I can on this subject and that seems to be the only way to go unless you want to cut the bells. What transfer were you looking at adapting onto it? I'm pretty certain I'm going to give this a goI was planning to use my current electric shift transfer. So my question is am I needing and input shaft from a 96 and newer r150 or 151 To use one of these in a SHORT SHAFT\SHORT BELL application requires a 1" spacer available from Dellow Automotive or Castlemaine Rod Shop in Australia. All AX15's, AR5's, MA5's, NV3550's, R154's and Toyota R150's (built after 1996) are LONG SHAFT\LONG BELL. I want to use one of the turbo JZ engines. my father's '91 has 309,000 on it. i could do that, but i was hoping to get a trans with extremely low miles.properly maintained and unabused, i've seen those transmissions go 300k + milesyes, i have seen it first hand too. Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts? Just noticed you mentioned the T56 further up in the thread ozrunner.

I'm trying to put a 7mgte in my 89 4x4 toyota pickup and reusing the r150, I bought a bellhousing and input shaft from an r154. As you see though, the input shaft is too short. And I know the 154 input won't work because of the 4th gear is different sizes. are they any different? We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! Does it have the "remote" type of shifter like the late r154… sorry to bring the thread back but I have a couple questions. CheersAnyone know if it's possible to swap 5th from a R154 into a R150? ok, my initial research may have been wrong. and what about the splines? 3-4: 1775 -- 2277. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. So you are saying that it is confirmed that an R154 can be pulled apart and the tailhousing/output shaft from say a 5 speed from a 3VZ can be put in. and what about the splines? If I'm not mistaken, the shifter location is different between the R150 and the R154. I saw a thread from the states where a guy bought the gear set and was having trouble fitting themYou need the OD gears from a R452 with 23/49 tooth counts, anything else will not work.