I would suggest connecting the tach wire if it isn’t already and reprogram the remote start to tach sensing.

It cranks but will not stay running. If you have any questions about troubleshooting your vehicle, leave me a comment below. I should also add that my battery dies out after attempting to start with the remote at first startup attempt when the car is cold.It sounds like your remote start is most likely set to voltage check on the engine sensing.

If you have a remote that you are able to change the batteries, I would start there. I dont think it’s the batteries because it will blink during pairing but cuts off as soon as I am done. Let me know what your results are and I can help you out with next steps.I see that you mentioned the LED needing to light up.

I can’t verify for you though without knowing the year of your car.How long is the warranty for the fob and thanks for the quick reply!No problem! what might cause this?What kind of car is it? It samples the voltage when you activate the remote start and continues to sample voltage hundreds of times per second to determine when the engine has started.If one of these engine sensing options is not programmed properly or there are changes in your vehicle’s electrical system due to temperature or battery age, the remote start may not recognize when the engine has started.

Came in a small baggie and no instructions but a quick google of the programming is probably better than deciphering written instructions. Do those work?

This is your remote start system telling you what caused the failure to start.

The table below outlines what all of the flash sequences mean.The toggle switch will only disable the remote start feature of your system.

Immobilizers are the vehicle’s factory anti-theft system. Key attempt accomplishes nothing.

Read on for explanations on how to identify if one of these applies to your situation and how to fix the problem.Some of the items on this list can be easily identified by the Viper system’s error reporting. If you had your remote start system professionally installed, the installer should have let you know where they mounted the switch. In this post, I’ll give you some remote start troubleshooting tips for the 8 most common reasons why your remote start stops working.While this post was written with Viper remote start systems in mind, they can apply to any Directed Electronics product and most all other common brands as well.Below is a list of the 8 most common reasons why your remote start might have stopped working. Viper, a popular brand of car alarm, has become an essential product for many car owners. Daniel - Austin, Texas

To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Works, I did figure out that when it attempts to start and just clicks I can insert the key and turn it on before the final 3rd attempt to start and it will start on its own. That would be the most likely fix.

It happens when the engine is cold at first start up in the morning. Just to clarify, the LED on the antenna should not be on all the time. After I manually start the car and it’s warmed up, the remote will crank the engine like notmal. Back to full list of remotes; System Compatibility; Reviews ; System Part Number System Model Number Date Code If you see "All" in the …

I have tried charging the battery overnight with no changes to the display.

The easiest place to start would be to check and make sure your hood pin isn’t stuck open.