Production continued, albeit haltingly, until 1984.Save for Benelli’s rip-off, until 1977 there was no half-liter, 4-cylinder competition to the Honda CB500 Four. IT CAN AND MAY HAVE LATENT DEFECTS. The seating is aggressive but not too tight and best of all she purrs like a kitten.

Tank was coated but some missed. De Tomaso announced the Quattro in 1972, alongside its bigger, scene-stealing brother, the 6-cylinder, 750cc Sei (“six” in Italian). ALTHOUGH I TRY MY BEST TO DISCLOSE EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT THE BIKE, I CANNOT WARRANTY THE BIKE FOR YOU. 1973 Honda CB 100. The bike starts and runs fine and rides fine. All work profesionally done. $5,500 The bike was stored from 1980 in a garage till 1999. Honda’s excellent front forks helped keep the front wheel on the ground, but the rear shocks drew complaints, with one tester calling them “the weakest point about the 500,” noting the shocks on a test bike had failed after just 1,000 miles.While top speed was lower than the 750 (100mph-plus versus approximately 125mph for the 750), it broke the “ton” with only two-thirds the 750’s capacity, and could post quarter-mile times a scant half-second slower than the 750. Good catch, Tim. It is winter here. Dual-overhead camshafts promised performance, and a flat seat with a hip tail fairing further bolstered the GS’s sporty appeal. I'm happy to find this fantastic bike a new home. Misc. August 12, 2019 Honda Accord Hesitation While Accelerating. SO, IF YOU ARE A PERSON WHO GETS BUYERS REMORSE, PLEASE MOVE ON. you are bidding on a 1973 Honda cb500 four Honda motorcycle that was a barn find and is all there and has not been run in about 12 years, this bike was running when parked years about 15 years ago, the bike does kick over very nicely and does have compression and I am sure it will start right up after the carbs get cleaned from sitting so long, its a Honda and they all start and run forever!!!!!

I will consider other offers. I have one on craigslist for sale at https://redding.craigslist.org/for/d/shingletown-1972-honda-cb500-four/7052770508.html In many ways a scaled-down CB750 Four, the Honda CB500 Four engine did have some notable differences, including a Morse Hy-Vo chain to drive the transmission, and wet sump lubrication, eliminating the oil tank used on the dry sump 750. FINANCING AVAILABLE - Start your sportbike passion here. Got off work one night, and it was gone. I still miss her!

The Honda CB500 was a four-cylinder-inline, four-stroke Naked motorcycle produced by Honda between 1971 and 1973.

Hollywood, FL

And while testers raved about the 500’s front brake (Ergonomically, the Honda CB500 Four was considered a bit of a mixed bag. Year — 1975 (28) 1973; 1978 (22) 1974 (16) 1972 (15) 1971 (11) 1976 (11) 1969 (7) 1985 (6) 2015 (5) Zip.

Bike fires right up and runs great, clutch engagement is great. $2,000 Price — Make. Handling of the new “little” four was excellent, aided in no small part by an almost 80-pound advantage over the CB750 Four, the 500 weighing at a comparatively svelte 420 pounds. Where the 750 was often faulted for vague handling, the CB500 Four was lauded for being stable and predictable if perhaps still a bit slow-steering. happy bidding!!! $6000 or best offer. Additionally, the 500’s engine was significantly shorter than its big brother, thanks to its smaller displacement and over-square design (larger bore than stroke), which kept cylinder height down, giving a lower center of gravity. Stock tire sizes are 3.25-19 on the front, and 3.50-18 on the rear. But know, it will be missed. I have a 72 cb500 and love it like a child. There is only a speedometer so can't help with the miles (none are stated on the title either). New tires - less than 100 miles. Custom metal flake silver with blue ralley stipes on custom tank and tail.

This article is about the Honda CB500K "Four" 4-Cylinder model. Even with this handicap, I got it to 105 mph, and it was me rather than the bike that chickened out at that point. Compact 296 cc parallel-twin engine delivers effective mass centralization for nimble handling and excellent mid-range and high-rpm power F.C.C.

Buying a bike starts at Bikez Get a list of related motorbikes before you buy this Honda. That was the year Suzuki introduced the Suzuki GS550, its first line of 4-stroke models (prior to the GS line, all Suzukis had been 2-strokers).By this time, Honda’s 500 was a 550, and Suzuki had the CB550 squarely in its sights with the GS550.