No matter how long we’ve been friends In front of the heaviness of love I realized the truth That as much as we’re close, we can get farther away. It was light and airy with just enough seriousness to give an emotional edge and make the characters more rounded. The two leads are genuinely quite strikingly handsome and share a palpable chemistry that just, in my opinion, oozes from every pore in their ravishing visages. But not so, at all.

It does it all with warmth, compassion, and a touch of humor. Just Friends subtitles - Gewoon Vrienden 2018.mkv.AVC.647Mb.960px540p. Towards the end, Joris' mother seems to not only accept Yad, but also accepts him as a full human being.

6 time Award winning romantic comedy about two young men, from mixed backgrounds, falling love ...and their clashes with their overbearing mothers. I enjoyed spending time with all of the principal characters, except Yad's mother - a total and unequivocal b***h of the highest order. Your language. There’s some rather nice kissing, but there ain’t any explicit scenes of intercourse. this is a true story of life as it can and should be. First of all, I don't like Dutch movies at all, but this one makes a huge exeption. The landscape was perfect and the use of drones in the filming was a real bonus.

Though the movie only deals with Islam tangentially, which was a little sad. Motor bikes are always sexy and Joris (arguably the more masculine of the two (and we see him boxing a punchbag in the gym)) has Dad's `old' Honda bike to cruise around on.Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 1, 2019 Forum » LGBT Themed Movies » Movies With English Subtitles » Just Friends (2018) (English srt. Heart Warming and wonderfully done.

Please try againTravelling or based outside United States? After installing your will benefit from our VIP features. The behind the scenes players really did a great job making the actors look good. Yad's family seems to retain their Syrian identity and adds Dutch identity. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. OpenSub search will replace your default search engine by our sponsored search. Recommended. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Romantic comedy about two young men, their relationship and their relationship with their mothers.
Besonders sympathisch finde ich dabei, dass das alles auf Niederländisch ist. Video availability outside of United States varies. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden) d. Annemarie van de Mond/80min/2018/The Netherlands/Dutch with English Subtitles. A real feel good film with some great characters and a nice plot line. Please try againRentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. There’s a little homophobic material but nothing vile.

Well played with all the actors, and yes the granny is amazing! Like all romantic comedies love heals but without being sappy or unconvincing. Multiple trailers as extras. yes. Großen Anteil daran haben die slapstickmäßigen, klischeebehafteten Auftritte der stets angetüddelten Mutter und vor allem die erfrischende Omma, die die besten Sprüche raushaut. This is what a gay-themed film should be. I won't beat around the bush. Joris and Yad spark an instant connection and decide they want to be more than “just friends,” but fear their families could threaten their relationship.This ultra-sexy romantic comedy goes beyond the usual young gay love story, marking JUST FRIENDS as a truly modern tale of queer love.“With the right mix of humour, romance, sexiness and pathos, this enchanting cross-cultural love story… is a witty, well-acted crowd-pleaser.” – San Francisco Chronicle“A delight… comic and romantic in perfect harmony; this is such an sweet film.”  – Sydney Arts Guide“An excellent piece of queer cinema.”  – Out in Perth“[Jenny Arean is] the grandmother we all wish we had.
Pleased I bought it - think you will be too.

It's good to be happy! Though the movie only deals with Islam tangentially, which was a little sad.