We currently have a waiting list and are accepting orders and deposits for engines. It only has 200 hours on it yet has problems. and a couple of starter Bendix clutches. Visit Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.

I was just wondering what people think about the Gen 4 who owns them. Jabiru Aircraft has recently launched its "4th Generation", or "Gen 4", engine that sets about tackling one of the enemies of aero-engines – rust. Jabiru engines keeps running until it runs out of fuel or oil.....magneto power. That's the first time I've seen an actual definition of the "generations." It only has 200 hours on it yet has problems. I flew around with 2 guys who both had older derivatives, both with solid lifters, and i don't recall which generation of heads - perhaps 2nd Gen.
It sounds like an RC engine? I'm not a huge fan of the Rotax engine because of the way it sounds. I didn't feel it was any smoother than a 912S in an S-20 I flew months before, but they are much different airframes.I put a Sonex/AeroConversion "AeroInjector" carb on my 3rd Generation/"late hydraulic lifter" 3300 and had the same experience: my CHT/EGT's are much better balanced than with the Bing (saves a lot of weight, too!). Majority of the components are machined in Southern Queensland in a network of small companies. I have also heard that the Gen 4 engines are much more reliable so would like to know what you think about the newest revisions. ... We really wanted a used Kitfox that already had a Jabiru 2200 installed. Does he have a special FAA waiver?How can he rent it out? Not nearly loud enough.

JABIRU 3300 AIRCRAFT ENGINE DOCUMENT No. Although it was immediately better, I did, however, do some tweaking and tuning and improved the balance even more, but I like doing that sort of thing!I did a Dyna-Vibe engine/prop balance on my 3300/Sensenich CF GA prop/STOL 750. Also, later in the Gen 2 series, the external oil lines were deleted and replaced with hollow push rods for oil circulation.

He said, "You can't do any better than that!"

So let's get back to the Jabiru Gen 4, I don't exactly know when the first Gen 4. The engine itself has been very reliable for 550 hrs, but I've had to replace a couple of VDO oil pressure sensors (I'm going to try one of the solid-state sensors next time - supposedly they never wear out!)

My first aircraft was a Jabiru 450UL with the 2200 engine with the 3rd Generation Heads and Hydraulic Lifters.

Although my 3300 is at about 550 hrs and running great, I'm interested to see how the new engine's field experience turns out. The previous owner lived on the coastal strip and over the 2 years did not fly as regularly as he liked.

Wondering if anyone who owns a Jabiru Gen 4 would share their opinion/performance on the newest engine.As I recall, not too long ago I read somewhere that Jabiru NA (now Arion Aircraft) was just starting to get deliveries of 4th Generation engines. It hasn’t blown up yet but I’d be quite surprised if we aren’t hanging the spare engine we have before it reaches 400 hours.I'm not a huge fan of the Rotax engine because of the way it sounds.I maintain and fly behind an older Jabiru 3300 from time to time. Not nearly loud enough. It sounds like an RC engine?

When time comes I plan on a new latest gen engine. I guess mine is "3rd Generation" because it is a "late hydraulic lifter" engine with external oil lines deleted that allowed for more cylinder fin area for better cooling.

I HAD a gen 2 with 259 hrs when I sold my 750 Stol to the wind and had very minor problems, but it never let me down.

He reports the engine is smoother than his VW turbo, and it performs very nicely. I'd be happy to ask him any questions you have about it or put you in contact with him as wellI maintain and fly behind an older Jabiru 3300 from time to time.

Funny thing, though, the Gen 2 includes all hydraulic lifter engines up to the roller cam Gen 3 engines. .If you're anywhere around North Texas there's a guy at my airport who has won and rents it out.