It does have embossed markings on it (A, B, C, D) to mark where to cut off. Well, with joy, sometimes comes pain. That means disassembly of the indicator. Have you had any trouble with this? Happy mowing!So I am about to pull the trigger on the same mower and bagger you are talking about. The cover for the pulley to be replaced with a double pulley on the mowing deck; the cover which comes with the kit to match your deck size; the discharge guard on the deck to open up space for the blower’s belt, the belt cover of the blower and finally the chute length to suit the model variation. The remainder don;t make sense. JohnThank you for your post. A couple times a year I tow a fertilizer spreader behind while mowing to lay down lime and/or fertilizer. These days, the issue isn’t so much mowing the lawn, but picking up the leaves. Heck you never know…someone might actually “Google” how to put together a 7-bushel rear bagger for a John Deere X300 and my site may pop up. Close the hopper top which will cover the open tops of the bags. Again thaks to everyone’s postings I was sold on the product and I suspect that the constructive comments may very well have been heeded by JD. Everything looked great! After one run, it looks like one of those before and after carpet cleaner commercials with one clean path where the cleaner has been.

Mine keep falling off each time I open the rear bagger to empty the bags.The X300 Mower has some other uses and another driver so I need to know how difficult is to remove the grass catcher assembly when straight mowing? What is your experience when picking up dry leaves and grass?Yes it does. My husband “only” helped on a couple of items (like removing the nut that holds the mower blade assembly). What I didn’t find in the manual is anything about modifying the main chute. The hole at the top, that attaches to the hopper is off by 1/4 inch. Well, maybe this will do the trick. Since I didn’t know how the grass and leaves would get in the hopper without one I said yes and that came to another 84.00.Thanks for posting .

I just bought the same mower and bagger and was pressed for time and didn’t want to wait for the dealer to put the bagger on .

I had a chuckle when you said “you never know someone may google how to install a JD bagger unit”, I looked at my wife and said “that’s me”. What model or part number is the one you have. I realize that I’d need to take off the bags while using the spreader, but I have a question: With the bag support structure in place will I still be able to connect the spreader’s towbar to the hitch plate… or will I need to remove the entire bag support structure when I use the spreader??? Then it got clogged my first time out.

Helped me significantly to install a bagger on my LT133.How do you assemble the parts on the lid where the shut goes in the lid for a John Deere STX38? They are extremely clear where the JD manual photos are NOT. Then swish underneath the raised deck for the pushed back clog. Place H-frame (S) into receiver frame and install 19mm clevis pin (T) through hole in hitch plate. I have a combination of oak leaves and inches of pine needles (very tall trees) in my front yard.

My unit came with TWO manuals, one for the main unit, and a second one for the uptube. I have a long thin pole I poke down the chute from inside the open open hopper to loosten a clog. They were pretty busy .This helped a lot. I can’t understand why JD did not offset the bagger to the left of center instead of to the right. ?I have a high lift blade on my LT133 and I pick up leaves, grass, tree cones, needles, small branches and even dry dog dudu with it. Any other suggestions?Just went from a sweeper to a bagger. All Winter and once Spring rolls around, all those piles of shredded up leaves are still on the lawn.